Sunday, February 3, 2008

Show and Tell

I never before used this blog as a bulletin board, but when my music finds a new stage I naturally get excited and want to draw my blog readers as an audience, if they're near enough to attend. The upcoming show will be at cosy Cafe Lynn, 104 Ben-Yehuda St in Tel-Aviv, on this Saturday night, February 9th, at 9:00 PM. It'll the first time I'll be playing in public since the summer.

I'm feeling pretty romantic these days, and still going through a phase of infatuation with all things Italian. Here to express both is Paolo Conte's "Lemon Ice Cream". If I understand it correctly, that ice cream cone is the one in a list of things he promises a woman who enters his life "with suitcases full of doubts".

One of the other things he promises her is "the intelligence of electricians". The degree of poetry these Italian singer-songwriters achieve is inimmitable. Conte paints between the lines a dark, dour city, in which the two lovers seek beauty through each other. He does so ingeniously. I'd rather take that to the stage on Saturday as an inspiration than intimidation. See you then.

No comments: