Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fête du Foot, Waffle Bash

Know the right gringo in this town (David, owner of the Dancing Camel brewery) and you'll end up spending Sunday night at a Superbowl party complete with a bluegrass band doing "Lord, I Was Born a Ramblin' Man".



Know the right commercial attaché (the terrific Gino Nale) and you'll end up the following night at the Belgian Ambassador's residence for a culinary feast, complete with fries in cones, lambic ale and waffles. This time the soundtrack was Jacques Brel and I was only equipped with my phone camera.



It boggles the mind to think of how many diverse events take place in this city each night. Of course these two were not opposites: They both somehow centered around beer. Cheers for universal values!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

real Belgium waffles! walla!

Tal said...

I have to say that although I consider myself a cultured person (most of the time), the waffles are the most appealing thing in this post. what can I say, I love Belgian waffles :)